Join the conversation.
We are committed to a planning and redevelopment process that is inclusive, transparent and driven by our values. Over the course of this project we will engage residents, families, neighbours, businesses, organizations, community partners and the public in a meaningful way that generates a shared sense of commitment to this site redevelopment. Through collaboration and engagement we will all have the opportunity to have a positive impact in the community that this housing complex is a part of.
Throughout this project we will:
- Ensure the timely sharing of project information that provides all stakeholders and interested parties with complete, objective and reliable information,
- Engage and gather feedback, opinions and perspectives at various stages in the development of the site, and
- Clearly demonstrate our commitment to engaging the public and incorporating their input into the project.
Using a phased approach, between June 2018 and February 2019 we will host open houses and public meetings in the Youngstown community to enable people to contribute to and be engaged in this project. Through these consultations we will share information and provide people with the opportunity to learn, ask questions, share thoughts, discuss ideas and review concepts.
Where We Are Now
Phase 1 > Introduce project and process
Open House at Britannia Youngstown Community League > June 26, 2016 > Agenda
At this initial meeting participants were introduced to the project, and the project team, as well as the Lendrum Community Consultation Panel, they learned more about the proposed timing of the project, how the public consultation process will proceed in the coming months, and understand where and when they will have the opportunity to provide input into the project. Check out the presentation from Capital Region Housing CEO, Greg Dewling, as well as the informative presentation boards. Read the Phase 1 Q&A and download a copy of the Phase 1: What We Heard Summary Report.
How to Get Involved
- Attend an open house/public consultation meeting.
- Subscribe to receive regular news and updates about the project.
- Email your comments and questions directly to us.